Do You Really Want to Know How We Write?: Monday Meowsie News
(hover over photos to read complete captions and click to bigify)
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!
We were invited to participate in the “My Writing Process Tour” by our friends over at The Cat On My Head. And, ummmmm…actually…we were also invited even before that by my adventure pal Nissy, from Nerissa’s Life.
We declined Nissy’s invite because we had some Paw It Forward Projects going on…like helping Tigger find his very own forever castle…read all about Tigger’s search HERE.
Anyway, when Astrid, Calista Josette, Fiona, Giulietta, Lily Olivia, Lisbeth, Misty May and Mauricio invited us, we decided we really did want to share how we do what we do and why we do it…and also…why we are thinkin’ about changing our game plan.
But, that change stuff can wait.
Let’s talk about right now. First, we want to thank Nissy for our first invite…no hard feelings I hope…
And now we want to thank the gang from The Cat on My Head…we especially enjoy all the different personalities in this gang, although we do wonder if Mauricio sometimes feels like the odd cat out…na’ mean? If you like to have a smile with your morning tea or coffee or your bowl of water or cat milk…then this is a great place to visit while you are sipping and lapping.
One of the ‘rules’ in this Writing Tour is that we are supposed to tag a couple of other bloggers to carry it on. However, we know so many of you have already completed this Writing Tour so we aren’t going to be asking others to follow us, hope that is OK..
Right then, let’s get to it…
Oh, wait a minute…I almost forgot…as you know I don’t always follow the rules…so Mom L and I decided we want to move that Question #1 to the end…so that makes it ‘our’ Question #3…got it?
Now let’s get to answering…
Why do we write what we do?
Sharing is caring we think…so if I can learn how to show more and more of my REAL SELF, then you are going to hear about… we care about our readers and want to share my progress. You give me strength and courage…both my cat pals and my woofie pals as well…
And look at me…I have even started to learn how to relate to another cat…slow, but steady progress ever since The Kid Sage showed up in my castle.
You notice we also write about adult rescue animals and we write to share our experiences, well…Mom L’s experiences because I don’t go outside…related to helping get more cats spayed and neutered and helping rescues organizations care for feral cats and their kittens. And of course we also work hard to help adult dogs get to their forever homes as well. You have seen some of the clinics Mom L has helped with on our blog posts. We will always share our Paw It Forward Projects…and maybe even one day there will be a special day just for this…more later about that…heh…heh…
We want to increase responsible care of companion animals everywhere and that means we need to keep our readers learning about ways we can all help in our own communities.
How does our writing process work?
Oh gosh…we are not too sure…it is different for me than for Mom L…mostly Mom L depends on me, and sometimes even The Kid Sage to sort of ‘transfer’ our thoughts to her while we are sharing time together…what we want her to say is delivered sort of by osmosis…na’ mean?
And sometimes I need to dictate directly to Mom L…so I use my iPad and even take over our laptop…The Kid Sage…she uses her chin…
What are we working on?
First, there is what I, Savannah, am working on…and then there is what she,Mom L my typist, is working on..
Let me make this very clear…there is a typist, Mom L, and a snoopervisor, ME, on this blog. The Kid Sage is simply occasional entertainment…Ok, ok…she may also provide some small amount of potential possible companionship for me…but ONLY if she is at least 24 1/16 inches (61.1 centimetres) away from my royal personage.
“What? Mom L, did you say something?…*shuffles paws*…”alright, I’ll be nicer about Sage…so let’s move right along shall we?”
Here is what we, collectively, are working on…
- First, things are changing…not saying how…but I am ready to say when…watch for October 1. That’s a Wednesday you say? Right..and we don’t post on Wednesday now…Right? Like I said, things are changing around our blog. Be here on Oct 1 if you want to have a looksee at how we are shaking things up a bit.
- We are trying to learn how to work with vendors,artists and creative people who make interesting products for companion animals…to bring more products to our blog so we can raise funds for no kill rescues around the world…we cannot do this alone….back to you later on this one too…heh…heh
- Our Paw It Forward Projects are taking off…and we are hoping you will want to try one out for yourself over the next few months and share that with us…more about that in another post…(lots of anticipation huh?) This is Cash, a Sibe who may have just found his forever home…details in coming days…thank you to all who have promoted him…read HERE
- We are going to keep Real Rescue Stories front and center so we all get to feel good
- My own recovery from trauma in my first 5 years is continuing to progress and I promise to continue to share my good moments and my challenging moments…even the ones that I am sort of embarrassed about…sigh…progress is not easy
That’s it…that’s what we are working on…
Making A Difference
So, let’s get started…can you help us keep Tigger in the public eye? He is still desperate for his very own home where he can be brushed a hunnert times a day; he has a lap whenever he wants; he gets automatic play time at his beck and call…not too much to ask…don’t you think?
Please…SHARE SHARE SHARE…Tigger is still hoping…