Will You Help Me Network for Tigger?: Thursday Purrsday
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!
I am back again talking about my pal Tigger.
Tigger’s question in the caption on the above photo says it all for him…
Since being owner surrendered to the county kill shelter on June 29th…as of this week, August 13…Tigger is in his SIXTH foster situation…through NO FAULT of his own.
His situation is getting more and more frustrating for him and I am worried that he can easily fall into depression. What a guy Tigger is. Just read the description Mom L wrote to help Contra Costa Humane Society learn more about him:
“Tigger has never met a human lap he did not like. He is outgoing, greets strangers with aplomb and grace. He is a great feline host and makes sure he plays with anyone who will give him some time. Even at 10 years old he plays like a kitten. He enjoys being in the same room as a human; he also enjoys sleeping peacefully in bed, snuggled next to a warm human. He is easy to pick up, hug, cuddle and has absolutely no problem getting his claws trimmed by anyone. Peter held him easily and I clipped away. What a trooper! He prefers kibble but will eat soft food especially if it is the shredded type. enjoys having his treats. He is outgoing, curious and very handsome.”
Doesn’t that just make you want to grab him up and give him smoochies??? Which, of course, he would LOVE!!
Sadly, he is also a ten year old male cat who likely has never been around any other cat…thus he is fearful of other cats…and requires being in a foster with him as the only cat OR in a rescue shelter where he can be isolated from other cats, yet have ample interaction with the humans he so adores and loves.
Just to catch you up on Tigger’s life over the last six weeks…and likely the life of so many other adult rescue cats all over…but this is Tigger’s Story right now…
- (Move One) June 29th…owner surrendered to county kill shelter: “owner cannot take cat to new rental”
- July 2, his review date to determine if he will live…set for July 8…his review date is then moved to July 12
- (Move Two) July 6 Contra Costa Humane Society (CCHS…owns and operates my former shelter Kitty Corner) agrees to pull him under their umbrella…the county shelter then moved Tigger into their cageless cat viewing room…Tigger is observed exhibiting stalking behavior after other cats…he is returned to his cage and CCHS is informed that he is not suitable for their free roam cageless shelter at Kitty Corner.
- (Move Three) July 10 Mom L finds a temporary foster for two weeks and Tigger is moved from the kill shelter to his temp foster home.
- (Move Four) July 26 Tigger must leave the temp foster home and Miss Tammy (a fellow volunteer with Mom and Dad), who saved his life by pulling him from the kill shelter for CCHS takes him to foster until another foster can be found
- (Move Five) August 6 Tigger is placed, by CCHS, along with another male adult cat in a hopefully longer term foster home. However, the worry is that we learn that the other cat also is afraid of other cats as is Tigger. This foster home apparently does not have much experience with introducing cats with fear of other cats and so allows Tigger to immediately be in the presence of his new “roomie”.
- July 10 the new foster reports that “Tigger” is spraying and he must leave. Later the foster indicates they do not know for sure which cat is spraying and so determines BOTH must be returned to Kitty Corner. There is space for the other cat there as he has been there before… not interacting well with the other cats…but there is no space for Tigger
- (Move Six) August 11 thankfully for Tigger, Miss Tammy agrees to take him back to foster until we can find other longer term arrangements for him.
This is my plea to anyone who stops by today to read my blog. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE…if you have the time…SHARE Tigger’s need for a new home. He does need to be an only cat but he will bring any human the utmost joy, love and pleasure. Here is his post on the website for CCHS and all the information for how to adopt him.
I asked Mom L and Dad P and they agreed…we will provide transport for Tigger to anywhere in the states of California and Oregon to an appropriate adoptive home. We will also make sure he has a “Tigger Hope Chest”…this chest will go with him to his new home…
- One month of cat food
- New cat bed
- New cat scratch post
- New medium cat tower
- New cat toys including tunnel, nip mat, etc.
If you are willing to join me in this Paw It Forward Project, please feel free to take any of the following graphics to use on a blog post you will write for Tigger, or to insert into a Tweet or hopefully many Tweets or even use in a Face Book post.
You are so kind to have read this whole post…again I am humbled to have such pawsome anipal friends…and so is Tigger.
Paw Pats, Savannah
peeEss…Miss Tammy is my hero because she is the human who pulled me from the needle of death at the kill shelter 2011…she is also the human who found Cuzin Leo’s Dad Dave so Cuzin Leo would have his very own furrever castle…Miss Tammy is every animals’ true hero and champion…Tigger has her in his court for sure…na’mean???