“I Hear You Do Cat Rescue”: Thursday Purrsday
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!
The pet sitter being interviewed to care for me and The Kid Sage was lovely…such a soft voice and such a warm spirit…but…
…as the peeps’ chat was ending she said the words Mom L and Dad P struggle with…
“I heard from ____ that you do some volunteer work with cat rescue??”
Dad P and Mom L wish they could turn away…it is so very, very hard to acknowledge that inquiry…the end result bring such great responsibility…and it does not always end well…
Did they turn away??…Nope…enter the reason we are purring up a storm on this Thursday Purrsday…and hope you enjoy our contribution to Pepi Smart Dog’s Thankful Thursday blog hop.
The back story…
- Pet sitter sold a condo in which Tigger’s person lived with 2 grown sons and TIgger
- Person could only afford apartment for self and two grown sons which allowed “NO PETS”
- Pet sitter loves all animals and asked for help for 10 year old Tigger
- Tigger’s guardian only adopted Tigger because a neighbor, 3 years before, also had to move and ‘could not find rental allowing pets’ so Tigger was looking for a home
- Pet sitter asked Mom L and Dad P…”can you help?”
- Mom L and Dad P say ‘of course’…
- Rescues we know only pull from the kill shelter…Tigger MUST be “Owner Surrendered” to this shelter before we can even begin to help
- Guardian has no problem surrendering Tigger…best they can do for him
- Mom L engages my savior Miss Tammy…and Miss Tammy starts to work her network
- Miss Tammy tries to find someone to agree to pull Tigger…as with every where in the USA…all are full
- Mom L discovers The Cat House on The Kings sanctuary from my former Adoption Manager at Kitty Corner…Miss Chrissy
- Mom L discovers it will cost $900 minimal to surrender Tigger…it is worth it…trust us
- Miss Tammy visits Tigger at the kill shelter…
Time is running out…Tigger was owner surrendered on a Sunday…as a 10 year old male, neuter…good temperament…needing a dental work up…that’s all. Yet he was scheduled within one week to be killed…no blame on the kill shelter…just recognition of how short their time is even if the cat is very domesticated and loving.
Long story short…the pet sitter found a neighbor, Miss Foster Mom, who agreed to take Tigger as foster for TWO WEEKS only. We completely understand her reason and support it. But now Tigger has a place to go…we can “pull” him from the kill shelter if only we can get an accepted rescue to pull him under their ‘umbrella’.
Miss Tammy and Miss Chrissy agree…Tigger, two day before he was to be killed, will come to my former free roaming cat shelter…Kitty Corner.
Hearing this…the kill shelter moves him to their free roaming area…and Tigger immediately starts to attack, stalk and fight with the other cats…He had to be returned to his cage. Now we know…he CANNOT be moved to our free roaming shelter at Kitty Corner.
Finally we can move him to the foster who will keep him for two weeks…Tigger is FREE!!! And pulled under the umbrella of my former rescue.
Tigger has had some issues with wanting to eat…but a visit today to vet helped him out lots. Please send Tigger LOTS of healing purrs that he starts to eat normally. He has been having a rough time.
Tigger is looking for his furrever castle like my Cuzin Leo did a year ago. And Tigger can ONLY be the ONLY cat. He may never have been with other cats in his whole ten years.
If anyone can find Tigger a loving, acceptable, one cat only home within 100 miles of San Francisco Bay Area…Mom L and Dad P will not only deliver him…but will donate $100 to the adopter’s favorite rescue where they also volunteer.
Thank for helping Tigger with sharing his need…we appreciate all your purrs…but he desperately needs your active involvement to share him…he only has another week left with his foster. Then…who knows…maybe back to the kill shelter….
Can You Help Tigger?
Paw Pats, Savannah, Mom L and Dad P and The Kid Sage