HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!
I hope you have noticed I have been doing some redecorating around my blog and my other social media presences. And I am showing off my new digs with a Paw It Forward Commentathon and Blog Hop!
Why the need to redecorate you ask???
I want to re-commit to serving as a voice for cats, dogs and other animals who do not have a voice as loud, nor a meow as strong, as all of you have graciously enabled me to possess.
The former subtitle to my blog “Autobiography of a Former Shelter Cat” was too limiting, given all the things I have been doing for the last year or so. When Mom L suggested to me that my subtitle might limit how prospective followers see my blog…I did one of those *paw slap to forehead* moves…Whap!! “I may be misleading!!!” To help keep me focused, I have changed my subtitle to reflect what I want all readers to understand my purpose…”Making a Difference”.
Savannah’s Paw Tracks will focus on three areas…
- Paw It Forward: Featuring projects dedicated to giving a voice to animals waiting for permanent homes and helping improve the lives of those animals who so desperately need us.
- Real Rescue Stories: Because everyone needs to share in the joy of Happy Tails endings.
- Savannah’s Progress: Chronicling my personal journey from an adult cat tossed away like someone’s trash to becoming a much loved feline family member. …including lessons in patience with The Kid Sage.
Humor and laughter inspire me to meow even louder for those who don’t have a voice. That’s especially true when it comes to social media. I’ll be first in line, helping to spread your message far and wide, when any of you have contests, events, parties and celebrations.
Here is a tour of my new blog design elements…
On the right side bar you will see THREE Badges. Click on a badge and view a series of links to many of the posts I have written about whatever topic is noted on the badge. Go on… click and check them out!
Across the top pull down menus you will find changes as well.
About: Updated to align with my mission and focus: A Former Shelter Cat Making a Difference
Bling: The awards I receive from furriends
Events & Adventures: under ‘Events’ find a slideshow of many of the contests and special events in which I participate; under ‘Adventures’ find links to International Cross Over Blog Adventures in which I have been included.
Go Shopping: A showcase for any of you who have Etsy shops or other businesses you want furriends to know about (send me links to include if you want)
OTRB: contains badges for furriends who have gone on to The Bridge and also includes the fur family members before me
Useful Information: animal rescue/welfare related information I think you will find meaningful
Now for the FUN part!
You’re invited to help celebrate my commitment to Making a Difference by participating in the First Annual Paw It Forward Commentathon and Blog Hop.
- For every comment left on THIS blog post, from now until midnight PDST, October 7, Mom L and Dad P will donate $1.00 to a US 501c3 animal rescue shelter selected by YOU. (Up to a maximum of $150 USD.) My overseas pals may nominate a USA shelter/rescue they support.
- From now until midnight PDST, October 4, if YOU write a Paw It Forward story and post it on your blog and join the blog hop, we will donate $.50 USD for every comment YOU receive
- You MUST link your blog post back to this Blog Hop no later than midnight October 4
- You MUST write a story, 250 words minimum, not just a photo.
- Paw It Forward stories should be about a time when you initiated helping others in need of rescue, or helped raise funds for rescue or rescue/animal care efforts such as TNR, Spay/Neuter, ending puppy/kitten mills; etc.
Photo Examples of Paw It Forward posts from my blog:
Selecting the Rescue/Shelter to Receive the Donation:
- Between October 1 and midnight PDT October 4, leave in your comment on this blog post who you want to recommend as recipient of the commentathon donation.
- October 5 I will post a Poll Daddy list for voting. You will have from October 5 to noon October 7 PDT to promote votes for your recommended recipient at which time the poll will close.
- Winner announced October 8
Please join us in celebrating our commitment to Making a Difference by joining the Paw it Forward Blog Hop.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Paw Pats, Savannah
peeEss…You can paw me, The Kid Sage, if you have any questions. HRH Savannah will be too busy counting comments.
peeEssEss…HRH Savannah here *rolling eyes*…put MY name on that message…