Friday Memes with Smiles and Tears

HIYA!!  SAVANNAH HERE!!!

Let’s get right to the Friday Smiles part!

And as you can see, I have my whiskers ordered to ATTENTION!!

Of course TKS wanted to join in the Friday fun.

Sad, sad, sad…but she is Dad P’s daughter. Both luvluvluv whatever chimes their bells. Actually TKS goes for the plain vanilla ice cream but Dad P is the “choco-holic”. And don’t even start to comment about chocolate being dangerous to us kitties. This is a fun meme!!! We know chocolate is bad for us kitties!

Last meme, not a funny one, but certainly one that is ever so poignant and sad. My early followers will recall the desperate struggle Mom L and Dad P went through in 2013 to save our Cuzin Leo. All of Blogville helped with his medical costs and sending him the most effective healing purrs.

Sadly, Leo chose to make his final trip Over The Rainbow Bridge in December, 2018.  He struggled with heart issues, probable kidney issues, undetected by Dad Dave. Leo’s death has weighed heavily on Mom L and Dad P. I think we will write a tribute for him in the coming weeks. But his loss hit very hard. Mom L will work with me to tell Leo’s story later.

For now, please, hear his appreciation for all that Blogville did for him in his struggle to live through hepatic lipidosis.

If you remember Leo, please share with me in comments what you remember most about him.

21 thoughts on “Friday Memes with Smiles and Tears

1. We didn’t know Leo, but we are very sorry for your loss. Additionally, we really like your memes this week. The first one for us, and the second one is so much like our human Mom. Purrs, Snoops and Kommando Kitty

2. Oh, no I am so sad to hear about sweet Leo passing. I am so happy though that because of you sweet Mom L and sweet Dad P he had a life of happiness with many who loved him. I will always remember him. Hugs and nose kisses

We’re so sad to read of Leo’s passing. He was loved by so many of us through your blog. We send love and all good thoughts as you mourn your special cousin’s journey to the Bridge.

4. We remember Leo, we are so very sad to learn he has gone to the rainbow bridge. Leo was the first time we had heard of hepatic lipidosis and we remember how hard your parents fought to save him. Purrs of sympathy and paws of comfort for the loved ones he left behind.

I am sorry Leo went to the Rainbow Bridge. XO

6. I am glad that Leo got those five extra years.

7. We are so sorry to learn about Leo. We remember what you did for him, and we know he was deeply grateful for the time and the love.

The Chans

8. Leo was such a handsome mancat. He was loved and he gave that love right back to you. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Have a great upcoming weekend.

What a fighter Leo was ! Purrayers for all who helped him live so long !

10. What a bummer. RIP, Leo. You loved well and were well-loved by many people and pets.

11. So very Sad to hear this very sad news.We remember all the posts about your mum and dad trying to help Leo..to give him the hope and the will to live and we remember sharing posts to help you all find his forever home and when he found his home with dad Dave,Many bunny snuggles are sent to you all and to Dad Dave,xx Speedy

12. Godspeed your journey to heaven Leo; we send you and dad Dave hugs and loves; we are truly sorry ♥♥♥♥♥

13. Edie Chase on said:

Sending comforting thoughts to Leo’s family and friends.

14. Oh no, we sure hate that about dear Leo. We so remember that sweet face and those soulful eyes. Most of all we remember sweet Leo getting his happy home that he so needed and so deserved.

15. Memories of Eric and Flynn on said:

I remember Leo very well and I am sad he has now gone to the Bridge. Sending love to your mum and dad, and to his dad, Dave.

16. Thank you for sharing and caring for Leo. I don’t recall his story at the time, but he clearly needed help and support, and found friends who rallied and fought for him and gave him the chance at life. Thank you for being there.
    Such great memes and whilst nobody does chocolate here, be appreciate it is rather popular. Now show us a bowl of cream, no matter the colour, then I’m your girl. Oooh, so drones can tell, can they. That means my Amazon orders should come straight to me wherever I am day or night 😉
    Purrs
    ERin

17. Marjorie Dawson on said:

Leo was a wonder, I am close to tears as I write. God bless you, sweet boy.

18. I’m so sorry that Leo died. Lots of purrs to you – we loved him too.

19. Well, he had 5 wonderful, loving years with a wonderful, loving human which he would not have had if it weren’t for you. All the effort wasn’t for nothing.
    (Why is somebody already cutting onions so early in the morning?)

20. Oh no…. we are so sad… Leo was like “our Blogville ” cat and we worried and hoped so much with you while watching how your mom and dad brought him back to life and to his new furever dad… we are so sorry that he had to go… but we will never forget him and we never forget what great things we can do if we stand together…

We remember thinking that Leo was dying of a broken heart until you and Mom L and Dad P decided to help him find reason to live.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )