Monday Meowsie News…And A Leo Update
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!
Yoo Hoo!!! Hellooooooo….!!!….anybody still out there??????…..
MOUSES!!! I told Mom and Dad I needed the iPad at least to try to visit my furriends…but nooooooooo…they were too bizzy, bizzy…sigh…ok, ok….gotta admit…they were mostly spending their time at a bazillion vets and vet hospitals trying like the dickens to save Leo’s life…
Yup…I was a good foster sisfur to Leo and even though Mom and Dad were gone a lot…I still snuggled every night with them and I came straight to the couch to watch TV next to Mom and I even let Dad do a special petting and brushing session with me on my step where I usually only allow Mom to give me attention. Dad smiled all day!
Let me give you the UPDATE ON OPERATION SAVE MY FOSTER BROFUR LEO…I last left you HERE…Leo was in hospital having a feeding tube inserted into his neck to go into his throat so he could be fed and receive meds to save his life…that procedure was done Wednesday May 8th…and Dad and Mom went to bring him home Thursday May 9…Leo did not come home that day…
- Hospital had not prepared Leo to come home…he had been left lying in his own pee…still had his catheter/IV left in his right front leg…not cleaned up…none of his meds, food or anything were ready when Mom and Dad arrived at the prescribed appointment time.
- After 40 minutes waiting, Dad asked what the H….
- They sent a vet tech in saying she would go get Leo after she cleaned him up…telling them he had been in his own pee cuz he was “feeling too bad to get to litter box”…WHAT???….he was supposed to feel better???
- Leo brought into the exam room…stressed, scared, and frantic. Vet Tech was nice lady, tried to show Dad and Mom all they had to do to take him home…instructions were only about 5 bullet points when for someone who has never ever done this type of intense care needs about 50 bullet points!!!
- Leo’s Specialist Vet never showed up to talk with Mom and Dad…after all…Leo is a shelter adult rescue and this hospital, we learned later, does not work with shelter rescue groups.
- Dad and Mom were there for about 90 minutes. They decided to leave Leo as they could not manage his first tube feedings because they were not prepared and Leo really needed medical attention.
- Friday, May 10…Mom and Dad and Contra Costa Humane Society, Leo’s Official Guardians…went into action to create a proper plan for Leo’s survival post feeding tube insertion
- Dad called the vet specialist hospital to raise all his concerns about the previous day and about quality of Leo’s care
- Mom called MY PERSONAL VET…heh…heh…Dr Ellis from Civic Feline Clinic…where Mom and Dad have gone for 10 years with all their before me 3 kitties.
- Dr. Ellis said she would take Leo into her care…bring him over…Mom and Dad broke Leo out of jail from the other vet hospital on Friday late afternoon…took him to Civic…
- EVERONE saw Leo and immediately googoo talked him…gave him pets, love…and he went off to the hospital wing at Civic purrring and 90% asleep he was so relieved to be in loving and caring hands.
- Leo is under the care of a very special vet…Dr. Ellis…she is making him feel so special…
- Dad was so excited on Saturday, he got to visit Leo, learn to do his tube feeding whilst Leo laid his sweet head in Dad’s hand…purred…as Dad pumped the food through the tube
- Leo will remain with Civic until Mom is back from Blog Paws…Civic is providing this loving care at a humongously reduced cost…we are all purring at CASA SAVANNAH!!
Here is Leo…as he left the vet specialist hospital…OMC!!…was he ready to go…
Last Thursday I made a request for any help my furriends might give to Mom and Dad who have been paying for Leo’s medical costs…they have already paid $2,300 USD. And I asked that you donate to Mom’s paypal account. I am humbled that the very first donation came from a furriend as far away as Europe…it does take a Global Village to save some of our pawsome adult cat and dog shelter rescues.
Now, CCHS, Leo’s shelter rescue group, has set up a special fund raising on their site for Leo’s Medical Costs.
At least for those of my furriends who live in the USA, PURRlease donate here…Contra Costa Humane Society Donate page CLICK HERE…when you see this option…
“Please select the program or fundraiser to which your donation should be applied”
..scroll the “options” and click “Leo’s Medical Care”…CCHS is a 501 3c organization in the USA and all USA donations will be tax deductible when submitted through here.
CCHS will then reimburse Mom Linda and Dad Peter as much as they can. But honestly, we would sell our house if we still had one to help Leo out. He clearly wants very much to live. He is so tolerant when he gets his meds and gets fed through his tube. What a trooper!!
Leo as he arrived at Civic Feline Clinic…he was so much more relaxed…but these photos also show you the pawful physical images of his hepatic Lipidosis syndrome…Leo is NOT OUT OF THE WOODS…until he willingly eats on his own…please send him your healing purrrs..
I know this was such a long post…but I had so much news…and Leo’s story is so impawtant…his Hepatic Lipidosis Syndrome is something many kittty Guardians may not know about and even some rescues may never have seen it. We are learning more and more about how Leo’s syndrome may have been triggered and I will share that with all my furriends soon.