Leo Has A Project…thankfully
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!…ok, ok…and Leo
Savannah: So this our first really “partner” post…and I am gonna
allow encourage Leo to start us off…ok, take it away Leo…
Leo: Oh thanks Savannah…no, really, I so appreciate you letting me get this going…
…ahem…koff, koff…this is really new to me…but I am so proud to now pay forward to another pawsome Real Rescue Adult Cat– all the love, support and kindness I received from Savannah’s paw blog,Twitter/Anipals and FB furriends.
I have had so many of you give me help for my medical costs, help me promote my desirability as a companion cat…and you even made it possible for me to have a “hope chest” to take with me to my new furrever castle–I use my cat tower EVERYDAY! I just want to do this for another adult cat in need of a furrever home and I choose MARY!!
Savannah: Ok, ok Leo…lemme add some stuff…you can’t just make everyone go read…you need to at least give them the broooooooaaaad picture…na’mean??
Leo: Oh, yeah…sure Savannah…you go ahead because I wasn’t around at the beginning of Mary’s story
Savannah: just a few impawtant things to know about Mary “then” and Mary “now”:
- Mary was found on the side of a country road; only 3-4 months old and already huge with kittens
- Her babies were aborted late and she was spayed by an excellent vet
- Mary was teeny tiny; very thin…
…now here is how Mary has been managing since she was found in early April…Mary “now”
- Mary has been renamed MJ
- Her skin has completely cleared up. The vets think that the skin condition is due to stress and not any other underlying issues.
- She has full run of the vets office and can often be found curled up in one of the dogs bed with the two Labradors that come with the nurses to work every day.
- When she is not helping out in the office she is either in the little flat upstairs or on an evening she has full run of the kennel section as she doesn’t like been cooped up!
- She goes home with one of the nurses on a weekend and has made herself a firm favourite.
Now Leo…back to you…this is your “paw it forward” pitch…
Leo: Mary needs a “hope chest/trousseau”…like I have…ya know…stuff she can offer to her future furrever home to encourage them to reach out and snap her up…just like she deserves.
Here are a couple of things she has already:
- One year supple of Harrington’s Cat food donated from Harrington’s Pet Food (sheesh..all my new Dad got was a bag of kibble and one case of food…this is for a WHOLE YEAR!)
- Mom Linda and Dad Peter will make sure Mary has 3 special toys…just what she likes
- Animal Couriers have agreed to make sure Mary is picked up and delivered to her new home within England. Mary now is fostered by the vet in Boroughbridge in North Yorkshire, England
What Mary needs in her “hope chest/trousseau”:
- A gift voucher equivalent to 50-75 GBP so her new adopter can buy her litter, litter box, a lovely special soft beddy ( you know…like Spitty’s pink beddy…Spitty is my heroe actually…sigh)… and what ever else Mary needs in her first week or so
So…ummm…shuffles paws back and forth…(whispers to Savannah…this is hard…what if they think I am being too pushy???)
Savannah: Leo! shush!…just meow it like we rehearsed…my furriends will share and tweet and Mary will get her gift voucher in time for moving to her new home…go on Leo…finish already!
Leo…ok, ok…ahem…so this is where I need help from all of you…we need to raise the funds for Mary’s gift voucher. There, I said it (ducks head in case someone yells at him…)
Mollie and Alfie agreed to receive the donations in their Mum’s Paypal account…belneameadow at gmail dot com–BE SURE TO MARK IT AS “FOR MARY” so Miss Stella can find Mary’s hope chest funds easily.
This was my idea because I thought that way all the Euros, dollars, pesos, etc. will be converted when you donate as a “gift”…don’t put “product or service” because Paypal will deduct from your donation.
Now seriously, if 50 of us only donate 1 dollar, Euro, etc…Mary will have the gift voucher funded in no time. Once her new adopter jumps up to fetch her home…Mary will receive a check in her post for her to spend on stuff she needs.
This is my way of saying THANK YOU to all of you for helping me; for believing in me and for making sure I had a furrever castle of my own. I am alive because all of you pulled and purrred and woo’d and woof’d for me…and I am sure there were some squeeks and wheeks in there too.
I am joining Pepi Smart Dog’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop with this post…click on the badge to go visit other wonderful Thankful blog posts.
Remember Mary when you find that change down in the cushions on your couches, in your glove box in your car or in your pockets before you toss your trousers in the wash…thank you…