Monday Meowsie News…
HIYA!! SAVANNAH HERE!!!
As I said last Monday…”I hope you will all find the focus of my next couple of posts on Monday Meowsie News exciting, moving, amazing and thought provoking.”
“Most of you know I was helping, with my Mom, to Save The Royals…they are 3 adult cats who were left suddenly without their huMom, known to many as QM Rose (QM for “Queen Mother”)…click HERE for the first post.
The remaining posts for this series are:
Part Two: The Back story…Where It All Started..The Royals Roots
Part Three: The Power of Paw Social Media
Part Four: The Joyous Ending As Told by Emily, Marigold and Brutus
The Back Story: Lessons Learned
LESSON ONE: Virtual furriendships/friendships have great meaning, importance and provide much needed support in times of need.
- 2006: two very good human friends, ML, Missy Blue Eyes, and her friend Deb, Taylor Catsssss, rescue a Mama Cat and her 4 kittens (Houston,TX SPCA Shelter). They start a blog to help promote someone adopting this family…Grace And Company
- Miss Rose, in New Jersey, sees the kittens and asks for two: Brutus and Marigold; Rose and The Royals
- Miss Marilynn sees the kittens and the Mama and asks to adopt all 3…Mama Cat Grace and Audace and Ruse…she continues the blog called Grace and Company over time.
…Miss Deb’s bloggy
…and Miss Rose’s bloggy…
…and the bloggy created to rescue Grace and her kittens…
And so, the connections started that will eventually save 3 adult cats AND see that one human has a humanitarian ending to her final resting place.
…all because of peeps who are called “Paw Bloggers”
Fast forward…several years…
- Miss Rose adopts a cat named Beau when his huMom dies…Beau lived his last years well loved by Miss Rose…she will be paid back in full upon her own death as others step in to rescue her beloved Emily, Marigold and Brutus
- ML moves to Maryland area to be near her dear friend Deb
- ML and her KC cat become involved as Coordinator and RePURRtor for the Cat Blogosphere
- Miss Rose remains in close touch, virtually, with ML…they may never have met in person but I am too new to paw blogging to know for sure
- Somewhere in this time; after ML moved to the East Coast—Miss Rose makes sure her landlady knows to call ML if anything happens to her and her cats need care. Thank Ceiling Cat that ML had paperwork signed by Miss Rose that named ML as the person to be informed. Miss Rose’s family had already abandoned her, so it was good that ML was there for her.
- At some point ML learns of Miss Rose’s death on February 10 and by the 19th, she has The Royals moved to a shelter/kennel…no one knows where for sure at this point
- ML lets people know that Emily has an adopter, but needs transport and that Brutus and Marigold need an adopter
- Many donations are given to ML’s bloggy from the USA and outside the USA to help ML support the humanitarian placement of Miss Rose in her final resting place
LESSON TWO: Keeping FURRamily safe if something happens to our Guardians
- Mom and I hope that we all learned how impawtant it is for FURRamily Guardians to make sure someone will care for us if our HUfamily is lost or incapacitated.
- Click HERE to read from one source about steps you can take
- Mom and Dad have already changed their will to make sure I am cared for if anything ever happens to them when they are off on one of their “Get-Aways”…and they made sure there are funds to care for me.
- I know I won’t live longer than Mom and Dad…but they both know…life delivers the unexpected…
Thank you Miss Rose and ML for providing us these Lessons to Learn…
For those who may never have known The Royals over time…here are some PAWSOME photos…ENJOY!
Paw Pats, Savannah
peeEss…Mom Linda and I apologize if we have left out any of this Back Story…and we regret if we misrepresented any history in any way…we are only one year in Paw Blogging and our hope was to capture the “back story” as others have told us.